To lose weight, you need to eat less than you do today. However, you do not need to count calories. The easiest thing is to think about what you could cut down on in your current diet. Check here now to know about the best weight loss tips.
Do you eat large portions or do you often take one more portion? Then it is better to fill the plate with filling vegetables such as peppers, broccoli, cabbage and tomatoes. Do you eat large enough portions but treat yourself to a dessert or a piece of chocolate a little too often? Then decide on 1-2 occasions per week where you enjoy the best you know, in reasonable quantities.
THINK ABOUT THIS IN TERMS OF EXERCISE IF YOU WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT
Eat a small snack 1-2 hours before the workout to have energy for the workout. It can be a banana or a glass of yogurt or milk. Before that, it is also good if you have eaten a main meal 2-3 hours before the snack.
After the workout, you eat the main meal again, as you would even if you had not exercised. The meal can be eaten within 30 minutes. If it takes longer, it is good to take a small snack immediately after the workout containing both protein and carbohydrates. A glass of milk and a banana is optimal.
7 DIET TIPS FOR WEIGHT LOSS
Eat regularly at fairly regular times, how often you need to eat is individual but many feel good about eating about every 3-4 hours.
Eat the food slowly to feel the satiety that comes about 15-20 minutes after you start eating. Feel free to eat the vegetables first and you will naturally eat a smaller amount of food.
Let 50% of everything you eat during the day consist of vegetables, fruits and berries. Top the morning porridge or yoghurt with berries or the coarse unsweetened rye sandwich with paprika rings. Fill half the plate with saturated vegetables for lunch and dinner and let the rest of the meal consist of protein and high-fibre carbohydrates. Take fruit for a snack to avoid getting too hungry for lunch and dinner. If you need more than that, add a protein source such as cottage cheese, quark or eggs.
Focus on high-quality carbohydrates, protein and fat. They saturate well and contain a lot of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants:
- Fibre-rich carbohydrate sources – coarse unsweetened bread, oatmeal, semolina, quinoa, root vegetables, beans and lentils.
- Protein sources – chicken, turkey, fish, eggs, dairy products, beans and lentils.
- Fat – oily fish, avocado, natural nuts, rapeseed and olive oil.
- Drink water between meals and meals, 1.5-2 liters per day. For high-intensity exercise, add 0.5-1 liters per hour depending on how much you sweat.
- Limit sweets, ice cream, cakes, soft drinks and alcoholic beverages. Preferably zero tolerance until you have reached your goal weight. Then you can add 1-2 occasions per week where you can treat yourself to something, such as a dessert on the weekend and a cake for Sunday coffee. While you are losing weight, and preferably even after the target weight has been reached, you can instead enjoy fruit salad with quark and roasted nuts for dessert. Also try to have a good cup of tea in the evening if the craving for sweets strikes.
- Plan! If it is lacking, it is often here. Decide the day before what you will eat for all meals. Eat before you get too hungry to minimize the risk of falling for temptations and shop when you are full – even when you shop online.